Trouble scanning the HomeKey KeyCode? Before digging deep in troubleshooting, we recommend watching this quick video about “How to Scan A KeyCode.”
Still experiencing problems? Here are a few questions our support team will ask:
- Have you downloaded the Get HomeKey app, or are you trying to scan the KeyCode with your phone’s camera? The KeyCode can only be scanned/activated with the scanner built into the HomeKey app. Download the HomeKey app now.
- Have you peeled off the protective QR code cling sticker? When the KeyCode is installed, it always has a cling sticker that can be used to download the HomeKey app. Once scanned, this sticker should be peeled off and discarded. The KeyCode should display the HomeKey house with a series of circular lines and dashes surrounding it.
- When signing up/creating your account, double-check to make sure you’re using a valid email address. If you’re using your phone’s autofill function to add your email address, sometimes it will enter a ‘space’ after the email address.
- While rare, sometimes poor lighting may affect the ability to scan a KeyCode. Ensure your KeyCode has been installed in a well-lit location. If for some reason the lighting near the KeyCode is poor, try adding additional light with either a flashlight or other light source to scan the KeyCode.
- Even rarer, there are some older smartphone models that may not be supported by the HomeKey app. To review a list of phone models we do not support, click here: https://builders.gethomekey.com/support/supported-devices